Friday, February 26, 2010

Scenes From An Opið Hús


Nature must have heard my plea as its my last morning in Skagastrond, the winds have died down, and the sky is showing the makings of a beautiful, final day ahead. Below are photos from last night's open house which was met with relative success in light of the furious winds which whipped the powdered snow right up into the air making for complete lack of visibility. All of my friends from around town were there, they're both 8, so that pleased me here. I don't think they'd ever seen the application "PhotoBooth" on an Apple computer, which for those who are unfamiliar (Gram) lets you take an endless number of photographs of yourself using the camera in the computer. Well my desk in the studio was the epicenter of the open house as children kept flocking to my machine to indulge themselves in their own image. I have a long list of 8-13 year old kid's email addresses so that I can send them their pictures.

Here you'll see photos of my desk when its clean, which was just once for the open house, a sculpture I made, though I am not a sculptor, made from Icelandic wool, and my friends. *To clarify, the sculpture is not made from my friends.

I am going to miss Skagastrond terribly, and by no means am ready to leave, the prospect of getting dressed in real clothing on Monday is dauting. But as I told Laufey and Hallbjorg, my 8 year old cohorts, I´ll be back soon. Sjáumst and bless, Skagastrond.








1 comment:

  1. I love your little balls with lights. Laufey is so cute. I miss Skagastrond, too.

    ReplyDelete